Friday, January 8, 2010

Cake Class


About two months ago I was asked to teach an enrichment class on fondant cake decorating. Despite having plenty of time to plan and prepare I was really nervous about it. I had so many different techniques that I wanted to demonstrate but not much time. I decided on this cake design (inspired from one on cakes wrecks, sunday sweets) but was considering changing plans an hour before the class! There were about 25 ladies that showed up for the class. It was kind of intimidating making a cake with so many people watching. I didn't get to finish it during the class, because I wanted to move on to some different techniques but I felt like the everything went well. I felt like I was able to cover all the basics, and show people some of the fun possibilities they could accomplish with fondant.

No comments: