Monday, December 8, 2008

Fin: escape artist extraordinaire

Ever since we came back to visit Spokane Fin has been having a hard time sleeping through the night. He shares a room with me here, and since he knows that I’m only a few feet away in a nice warm bed he can’t understand why he should stay in his play pen. Now when he wakes up at night he cries inconsolably until I cave in and drag him into bed with me. That wouldn’t be too bad except for the fact that once he’s in my bed he forgets about sleep and wants to play. He pulls my hair, sits on my face and tries to impress me with is large vocabulary by honking my nose and saying, ‘nose, nose’. All this might be cute and fun in the light of day, but it is not amusing at night. A few days ago Fin woke up and started yelling for me. I didn’t want to do anything to Fin that I might regret in the morning so I just left the room to find somewhere else to sleep. I figured that after awhile he would realize he was alone and fall back to sleep.
My sister Ariel’s room was available to sleep in. Ariel has the habit of falling asleep on the couch in the family room with a movie repeating all night. I cuddled up in Ariel’s bed and was soon asleep. I’m not sure how much time passed, but I woke up needing to go to the bathroom. To my surprise, as I walked through the family room I heard Fin’s voice calling me from the couch! I looked over to find Fin sitting on the couch watching TV! Apparently, he had climbed out of his play pen and went out to the family room to watch a movie. I hope that this was a one time thing and that fin doesn’t make a habit out of sneaking out at night.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Drinking habit, pole dancing, sneaking out at night, smuggling your cell phone and pranking 911.... I wonder how it will be when he's a teenager :)